- Special voting procedures are available for any voter having a permanent or temporary illness or disability that would make it difficult or impossible for that voter to vote at a voting place.
- All registration and voting procedures may be handled by mail.
- A sick, disabled or illiterate voter may apply for a ballot.
- Sick, physically disabled or illiterate voters who are unable to mark or transmit an advance ballot may receive assistance from another person. The person rendering assistance must sign a statement and return both the statement and the advance ballot to the Leavenworth County Clerk's office by the time the polls close on Election Day.
- Registered voters having permanent physical disabilities or illnesses are permitted to automatically receive advance ballots for every election. Applications for this special permanent advance ballot status are available from the County Clerk's Office.
- If an elderly or disabled voter is able to go to the voting place but finds it inaccessible by reason of stairs or steps, such voter may request that his or her ballot be brought to the entrance of the voting place.
- Registration is required for all voters in Kansas.
- Qualified persons may register at the County Clerk's Office in Leavenworth and at the City Clerk's Office in Basehor, Easton, Lansing, Leavenworth, Linwood and Tonganoxie. Voter Registration is also available at various agencies in the county.
Voter Registration Requirements:
- US Citizen
- Resident of Leavenworth County.
- 18 years old before the next election
- Restoration of Civil Rights following felony conviction
- Registration closes 21 days prior to any election, and reopens the day after the election.
- If a registered voter changes his or her name, or moves within the precinct, the voter may sign an affidavit at the voting place and vote in that election. A voter who moves to another precinct in Kansas during the 30 days just prior to an election may vote in his or her former precinct in person or by advance ballot. In the latter case, re-registration is required before the next election.
- A voter who fails to vote in a November election should contact the election office to determine if it is necessary to re-register